This tour covers the western Bhutanese grandeur of Paro, Thimphu, Punakha and Wangdue valleys. It is a gently paced 7-day trip enabling you to experience the captivating sights and exhilarating hikes. Highlights include: visits to sacred Buddhist sites, beautiful landscape, villages, massive fortresses, and meeting people.
* Arrive at Paro International Airport
* Meet the representatives from Bhutan Journeys
* Shuttle to Thimphu (The Capital of Bhutan), 2 hours drive
* En-route visit Iron chain bridge
* Leisure excursion in Thimphu city
Visit following places of cultural interest:
* National Memorial Chorten (Stupa)
* Kuensel Phodrang (Buddha Statue) 169ft
* Institute of Arts & Crafts
* Takin Enclosure
* Tashi Cho Dzong- (Fortress of Glorious Religion)
* Changangkha monastery
* Drive to Punakha (an ancient Capital of Bhutan) via Dochula pass (3050m / 10,000ft).
* Descend to Lobesa
* Hike to Chimi Lhakhang (Temple of fertility- Drukpa Kunley, Divine Madman)
* Visit Lobesa Village.
* Hike to Khamsum yulley Namgyal Chorten
* Visit Punakha Dzong “Palace of Great Happiness”
* White water rafting.
* Transfer to Paro
* En-route visit Simtokha Dzong
* Paro Dzong (Heap of Jewels).
* Excursion hike to Taktsang (Tiger Nest) monastery, most sacred site in Bhutan
* Kyichu Monastery
* Experience hot stone bath
Drive to airport for your destination flight