This 12-days tour of central Bhutan is a complete cultural tour offering unique experiences and insights into the cultural aspects of the country. The Legend of Central Bhutan offers you rare glimpses of the cultural diversity and rich traditional heritage of Paro, Thimphu, Wangdue, Trongsa and Bumthang.
* Arrive at Paro International Airport
* Meet the representatives from Bhutan Journeys.
* Transfer to Thimphu (The Capital of Bhutan)2 hours drive.
* Visit Iron Chain Bridge( An ancient craft work in the middle Ages)
* Leisure time
* Explore in Thimphu main street
Visit following places of cultural interest:
* Kuensel Phodrang (Buddha Statue)
* National Memorial Chorten (Stupa)
* Tango Monastery, Buddhist College
* Chari Monastery meditation center
* Takin Enclosure
* Weekend Market
* Drive to Wangdue via Dochula pass (3050m / 10,000ft), Spectacular view of eastern Himalayas
* Hike to Chimi lhakhang, Temple of fertility (Divine madman).
* Transfer to Trongsa.
* View Wangdue Phodrang Dzong
* Enjoy the beautiful sceneries of rural Bhutan, scattered settlement, Pele La pass (3350m 11000ft), Jigme Singye Wangchuck
* National Park, Valley of Yak herders and Chendebji Chorten
* Amazing vegetation and villages.
* Morning, visit Trongsa Dzong, the most massive in structure and its architecture.
* Ta-Dzong (Tower of Trongsa), an elegant museum tasteful blend of tradition and modernity.
* Depart to Bumthang “the spiritual heartland of the kingdom” over Yotong la pass (11,800ft)
* Chhumey Valley, Yathra (Woolen) weaving center at Zuney Village.
* Pass over Kila lass (2700M) and descend to Jakar.
* Drive through the picturesque valley and an ideal place for hiking, easily accessible to visit some of most sacred sites
* Visit Jakar Dzong “The Castle of White Bird”
* Visit Jambay Lhakhang monastery,
* Hike to Kurjey Monastery, Tamshing Monastery,
* Attend prayer ceremony at Karchu Dratsang, Institute for monks.
* Excursion drive to Tang Valley
* Hike to Ugyen Choling ( Museum)
* Visit farmhouse, interact with local people
* Visit Remochen Monastery and Mebartsho (flaming Lake).
* Transfet to Phobjikha via Trongsa
* View beautiful landscape, virgin forest , Lawala Pass and Phobjikha Valley
* Black Necked cranes ( Early November – Mid March
* Visit to Gangtey Gompa
* Crane information Center and villages.
* Morning Hike Eco Natural trail
* Depart to Punakha
* Visit Punakha Dzong.
* Transfer to Thimphu over Dochula pass
* Drive to Paro , 2 hours drive
* Visit National Museum
* Evening at leisure
* Excursion hike to Taktsang (Tiger Nest) monastery
* Visit Kyichu Monastery
* Experience hot stone bath.
Transfer to airport for your onward destination flight
For travel during high season
For Travel during low season