Taking off from the stunning valley of Paro through the western valleys of Wangdue and Punakha crisscrossing through several high passes, the trip finally ends in the spiritual heartland of Bhutan, Bumthang. Visitors will have the opportunity to witness the role Buddhism plays in the daily lives of the Bhutanese people.
The highlights include: visits and circumambulation of Chortens (Stupas), temples, sacred caves and numerous religious sites where the founders and propagators of Buddhism have left their indelible imprints. You can also attend religious discourses with spiritual leaders and monks to gain further insight into Buddhism.
* Arrive at Paro International Airport
* Meet the representatives from Bhutan Journeys.
* Transfer to Thimphu (The Capital of Bhutan)2 hours drive.
* Visit Iron Chain Bridge( An ancient craft work in the middle Ages)
* Leisure time
* Explore in Thimphu main street
Visit following places of cultural interest:
* National Memorial Chorten (Stupa)
* Kuensel Phodrang (Buddha Statue)
* Changangkha Monastery
* Hike to Cheri and Tango Monastery.
* Drive to Punakha via Dochula pass (3050m / 10,00ft), Spectacular view of Eastern Himalayas
* Visit Punakha Dzong (The winter residence of Je-Khenpo “Chief Abbot” and central monk body).
* Visit Chimi Lhakhang (Temple of fertility- Drukpa Kuenley, Divine Madman).
* Transfer to Trongsa.
* En-route View WangduePhodrang Dzong
* Encounter beautiful sceneries of rural Bhutan, scattered settlement,
* Pele La pass (3350m 11000ft),
* Jigme Singye Wangchuck National Park,
* Valley of Yak herders
* Chendebji Chorten and impressive forest.
* Several villages and stunning views of Trongsa Dzong.
* Morning, visit Trongsa Dzong, the most massive in structure and its architecture.
* Ta-Dzong (Tower of Trongsa), an elegant museum tasteful blend of tradition and modernity.
* Depart to Bumthang “the spiritual heartland of the kingdom” over Yotong la pass (11,800ft)
* Chhumey Valley, Yathra (Woolen) weaving center at Zuney Village.
* Pass over Kikila lass (2700M) and descend to Jakar.
* Drive through picturesque Jakar valley
* Ideal place to explore on foot
* Visit Jambay monastery,
* Hike to visit Kurjey Monastery and Tamshing Monastery,
* Karchu Dratsang to attend prayer ceremony.
* Transfer to Phobjikha via Trongsa drive takes about 6-7 hours.
* Enjoy the beautiful landscape and virgin forest
* Pass through the meadows of Yak herders
* Pele La pass (3350m 11000ft) and over lawala pass
* Descend to Phobjikha Valley, winter habit of Black necked cranes (Early November to mid-March).
* Visit Gangtey Gompa,
* Crane information Center.
* Morning, you will take Eco Natural trail hike (1 and 30 minutes’ walk) through the beautiful environment of the Phobjikha Valley,)
* Transfer to Paro via Wangdue & Thimphu over Dochula Pass drive takes about 5-6 hours.
* En-route visit Simtokha Dzong (Oldest Dzong built in Bhutan).
* Excursion hike to Taktshang (Tiger Nest) monastery
* Visit Kyichu Monastery,
* Paro Dzong”fortress of the heap of jewels” which houses the administrative center of the Paro district and religious institute for monks.
Transfer to airport for your international flight
For travel during high season
For Travel during low season