On the trail of this trek, you will reach the base of Mount Jomolhari standing tall at 7351m (23,995ft) above sea level. For nature lovers, one cannot ask for a better trek.
The entire trail is brimmed with scenic views of mountains and alpine pastures with dotted settlements of yak herders. The trek starts Sgn Paro Drukyel Dzong in Paro, and comes full circle to end in the same place.
* Arrive Paro International Airport
* Meet with representative from Bhutan Journeys.
* Transfer to your hotel.
* Visit Paro Rimpong Dzong.
* Archery and Paro Town.
* Evening at Leisure
* Day hike to Paro Taktsang (Tiger Nest)
* Drive to visit Kyichu Lhakhang
* Experience hot stone bath.
* Depart your hotel to Shana
* Pass Drukgyel Dzong and
* 2 hours drive to Shana
* Time: 3-4 hrs.
* Camp at Syendu Zampa
* Time: 5-6 hrs. (add 1hr if trail is muddy)
* Distance: 15 Km / 9 .6 miles
* Distance: 11.9 miles
* Time: 4-5 hrs.
* Rest Day for acclimatization and hikes
* Overnight: Camp
* Distance: 20km / 12 miles, Time: 7-8 –hrs.
* Bonte La :4890m/16040ft
* Dhumzo: 3800m
* Distance: 11 km / 7miles Time: 4-5 hours
* Takhung La : 4540m/14880ft
* Thombu: 4120m/13510ft.
* Distance: 14.5 km /9 miles
* Time: 4-5 hrs.
* Thombu la (4270m/14005ft
* Shana: 2890m/ 9480ft
* Drive to Paro
* Transfer to Thimphu takes 2 hours leisurely drive towards the capital of Bhutan.
* En-route you will view Tachogang monastery “ the temple of excellent hourse”
* Visit to Iron Chin Bridge (most visible ancient craft in middle ages.
* Participate to visit following places of cultural interest:
* National Memorial Chorten
* Kuensel Phodrang (Buddha statue), religious icon in Bhutan.
* Lunch at one of the local restaurant.
Afternoon drive to visit:
* Arts and Craft Training institute.
* Takin enclosure
* Evening drive back to Paro.
* Transfer to Paro International Airport.
For travel during high season