Our Photography tour will inspire anyone with any kind of photo gears and with any level of skills to come up with exceptional quality images. This will be made possible through the beautiful natural vistas on offer wherever you travel in Bhutan.
The environment, tradition, culture, people, etc all forms for an interesting subject for the photographer in you. Our tour will help you explore the elements of light, subject and composition and focus on your artistic creativity while at the same time offering you a completely relaxing feeling.
* Arrive at Paro international Airport.
* Meet with representative from Bhutan Journeys.
* Transfer to Thimphu (The Capital of Bhutan), 2 hours’ drive
* Your Guide / photographer will introduce the action that is taking place during your trip
* Leisurely sightseeing
Visit following places of cultural interest:
* National Memorial Chorten (Stupa)
* Kuensel Phodrang (Buddha Statue)
* Changangkha Monastery
* Takin Enclosure
* Photograph the insanely colorful Centenary Farmer market
* Drive to Punakha over Dochula pass (3050m / 10,000ft).
* Stop at Dochula which is photogenic monuments of 108 chortens and Spectacular View of Eastern Himalayas, where you will do photographing from all possible angles.
* Afternoon, visit Chimi Lhakhang (Temple of fertility- Drukpa Kunley, Divine Madman) and Lobesa village.
* Hike to Khamsum Yulley Namgyal Chorten (Portrays the unique Bhutanese architecture)
* Visit Punakha Dzong “Palace of Great Happiness”, where you can photograph the temple exteriors, interior courtyards and colorful exterior architecturally impressive Dzong.
* Depart to Phobjikha via Wangdue and drive takes about 3-4 hours.
* You will view Wangduephodrang Dzong built in 1638.
* En-route photograph the changing landscape where you can found Rhododendron, Bamboo and Grey Langur monkeys and ever changing beautiful sceneries of rural Bhutan.
* Evening explore Phobjikha valley—(Valley of Black Necked crane) and walk through the small shops of Gangtey.
* Morning, you will take Eco Natural trail hike (1 and 30 minutes’ walk) through the beautiful environment of the Phobjikha Valley
* Visit Gangtey Gompa Monastery (Nyingmapa Institute of Buddhism)
* Visit the Crane Information Center
* Visit farm house to experience the Bhutanese way of living.
* Last leg of your long drive journey to Paro via Wangdue and Thimphu drive takes about 5-6 hours.
* Stroll through Paro town.
* Evening at leisure.
* Morning hike towards north of Paro valley to visit and photograph the iconic sight of Bhutan- Taktsang (Tiger Nest) monastery.
* Photographing the landscapes along the way
* Walk back to Cafeteria for lunch.
* Drive to visit the seventh – century Kyichu monastery.
* Drive to Paro Airport for your destination flight.
For travel during high season
For Travel during low season