Masangang Trek is a difficult one but that should not sound as a deterrent to our valued clientele. It in fact should be pursued as a hurdle worth crossing after you have entered the land of the thunder dragon. This trek takes you to a remote north western region of Laya nestled at the base of Mount Masagang which stands at 7,200m (2,3615ft) above sea level.
The Layaps(People of Laya) consider their place as ‘Baeyul’ or the hidden paradise where the customs and traditions of the Layaps set them distinctly apart from the rest of their Bhutanese brethrens. This remote yet culturally enriching place inspires every trekker to understand and experience the true beauty that this ‘remote wilderness’ beholds.
* Arrive Paro International Airport
* Meet with representative from Bhutan Journeys.
* Transfer to hotel
* Drive to visit Paro Rimpong Dzong, Archery and Paro town.
* Evening at Leisure
* Day hike to spectacular Taktsang (Tiger Nest) monastery.( Climb through the beautiful pine forest, Spanish moss and an occasional grove of fluttering prayer flags)
* Kyichu Lhakhang (oldest monastery in Bhutan)
* Experience hot stone bath.
* Transfer to Punakha via Dochula pass, 3050M/10,000ft, panoramic views of Himalayan peaks.
* En-route visit Iron Chain Bridge. ( most visible craft in middle ages)
* Descend to Lobesa, Punakha
* Drive to visit Punakha Dzong
* Hike to Chimi Lakhang (Temple of fertility- Drukpa Kunley, Divine Madman)
* Distance: 14. km/8.7 miles, Time: 5hrs
* Gasa: 2760m/ 9053ft
* Distance: 15km/9.3 miles
* Time: 6 hrs.
* Koina: 3240m/ 10,627ft
* Distance: 14km/8.7 miles
* Bari La: 3900m/7282ft.
* Distance: 12 km /7.4 miles
* Time: 5 hrs.
( Nublithang: 4050m/13258ft
* Distance: 20km / 12 miles
* Time; 7-8 hrs.
* Laya: 3800m/12,465ft
* Distance: 16km /10 miles
* Koina: 3240m/ 10,627ft
* Distance: 12km / 7.4miles
* Time: 6-7 hrs.
* Bari La: 3900m/7282ft
* Gasa Tashu: 2220m/7282ft
Overnight: Camp / Farm House
* Distance: 14km / 85 miles
* Time: 4-5 hrs.
* Damji: 2250m/7380ft
* Transfer to Thimphu via Paro.
* Drive to visit following places of cultural interest:
* National Memorial Chorten, (stupa), build in memory of Third King of Bhutan.
* Kuensel phodrang , Buddha statue,169ft)
* Folk heritage museum
* Centenary market
* Evening transfer to Paro, drive 2 hours.
* Check in your Hotel
* Farewell and dinner
* Transfer to Paro Airport for your onward Flight destination.
For travel during high season
For Travel during low season