The Royal Manas National Park offers a significant potential for nature and community based tourism in Bhutan. It is recognized as one of the world’s biologically outstanding parks due to its rich flora and fauna diversity in the tropical and subtropical ecosystems in Bhutan which forms a corridor for the movement of wildlife from the Indian plains into interior Bhutan.
This park is very rich in wildlife species, including the highly endangered Royal Bengal tiger, Asian elephant, greater one-horned rhinoceros, clouded leopard, Himalayan black bear, dolphin and pangolin. Found virtually nowhere else in the world is the especially rare golden langur, a primate of extraordinary grace and beauty with its long, silky blond fur and many species of birds.
The Manas National Park is recently opened to the visitors to foster the rural community’s participation in providing services for the visitors and gain maximum benefits such as generating local income, improving infrastructure, elevating poverty, mitigate the rural – urban migration and learn some of the good conservation ethics.
This 15 days tour to Manas National Parks gives opportunities for visit to see the wildlife, ecosystems and rural communities and southern region of Bhutan. The best time to do this tour is from November to April.
* Arrive at Paro International Airport
* Meet the representatives from Bhutan Journeys
* Shuttle to Thimphu (The Capital of Bhutan), 2 hours’ drive
* En-route visit Iron chain bridge
* Leisure excursion in Thimphu city
Visit following places of cultural interest:
* National Memorial Chorten (Stupa)
* Kuensel Phodrang (Buddha Statue) 169ft
* Institute of Arts & Crafts
* Takin Enclosure
* Tashi Cho Dzong- (Fortress of Glorious Religion)
* Changangkha monastery
* Drive to Punakha (an ancient Capital of Bhutan) via Dochula pass (3050m / 10,000ft).
* Descend to Lobesa
* Hike to Chimi Lhakhang (Temple of fertility- Drukpa Kunley, Divine Madman)
* Visit Lobesa Village.
* Drive to north of Punakha Valley
* Hike to Khamsum Yulley Chorten
* Drive back for lunch
* Visit Punakha Dzong “Palace of Great Happiness”
* Evening at leisure
* Drive about 5-6 hours though the least explored forests of the country.
* Lot of opportunity to do birding and try to spot some birds like Rufous-necked hornbill and great hornbill. On arrival at Gelephu, you will check in at hotel. Evening at leisure.
* Depart to Tingtibe (660m) in a narrow valley by the side of Mangdichu river.
* Along the road, spot for birds at lower elevation, forest, such as Yellow-throated Fulvetta, and Rufous- necked Hornbill with more widespread species such as Black Eagle, Blue-throated Barbet, Blue-bearded Bee-Eater, Golden Babble, Beautiful Nuthatch, Rufous-bellied Eagle,
* You will spend your night halt at Tingtingbi and spot Golden Langur.
* Depart towards Panbang
* Drive takes about 4 – 5 hrs passing through the stunning views of the amazing forest and villages.
* Look for Pale-headed Woodpecker, White-hooded Babbler, White-breasted and Pale-billed (formerly Greater and Lesser Rufous-headed) parrotbills, and Yellow-bellied Warbler.
* Arrival at community of Panbang, located near the confluence of the Drangme Chhu and Mangde Chhu (below which it is the Manas Chhu).
* Check in at the eco lodges and have some lunch. Afternoon you will leisurely explore more birds and flowers.
* Today, drive to explore Manas National Park
* Rich biodiversity of flora and fauna and activities includes wildlife safari, eco-trail, bird-watching and drive back for lunch at Panbang
* Afternoon white rafting.
* Depart to Zhemgang and along the route you will look for more birds and golden Langaur. On arrival, you will check in at the hotel and have some lunch.
* Afternoon, explore the Zhemgang valley.
* Evening at leisure
* Transfer to Trongsa, drive takes about 3-4 hours.
* You will see lot of Golden Langur.
* Picnic lunch along the route.
* Visit Kuenga Rabten Palace and Nunnery Institute located above the palace. Drive to Trongsa and at the close vicinity, you will see views of impressive Trongsa Dzong.
* Drive to your hotel and evening at leisure.
* Drive to visit the massive and architecturally the most impressive Dzong of the country “The Trongsa Dzong”.
* Ta-Dzong (Tower of Trongsa), an elegant museum tasteful blend of tradition and modernity.
* Depart to Bumthang “the spiritual heartland of the kingdom” over Yotong la pass (11,800ft)
* Chhumey Valley, Yathra (Woolen) weaving center at Zuney Village.
* Pass over Kila lass (2700M) and descend to Jakar.
* Ideal place to explore on foot
* Visit Jambay Lhakhang monastery
* Hike to Kurjey Monastery and Tamshing Monastery
* Visit Jakar Dzong” Castel of white swan”
* Stroll through Jakar town
* Drive to Bumthang Airport,
* Flight takes about 25 minutes to Paro
* Impressive flight with views of Himalayan peaks
* On arrival, drive to Paro Valley to your hotel
* Excursion hike to Taktsang (Tiger Nest) monastery
* Kyichu Monastery
* Hot stone bath experience
* Transfer to Paro Airport for your international flight
For travel during high season
For Travel during low season