The Dagala Trek takes you into an area adorned with pristine crystal clear lakes with added views of the Himalayan mountain range. On a clear sky day, one could also be awed with glimpses of some of the world’s highest peaks including Mt. Everest, Jomolhari, Masangang, Jichu Drake, Gangche Ta and many more.
The trail passes through a string of villages from which one could be able to fathom the true taste and color of life in a typical Bhutanese village. One could also be able to immerse oneself in the tranquility and beauty of elements of nature living in true harmony and co-existence.
* Arrive Paro International Airport
* Meet with representative from Bhutan Journeys.
* Transfer to hotel
* Drive to visit Paro Rimpong Dzong, Archery and Paro town.
* Evening at Leisure
* Day hike to spectacular Taktsang (Tiger Nest) monastery.( Climb through the beautiful pine forest, Spanish moss and an occasional grove of fluttering prayer flags)
* Kyichu Lhakhang (oldest monastery in Bhutan)
* Experience hot stone bath.
* Day hike to Paro Taktsang
* Kyichu monastery,
* Experience Hot stone bath
* Depart to Geynikha and drives take 3-4 hours
* Visit Iron chain bridge
* Pass the confluence of Thimphu and Paro River.
* Drive to Genekha , Distance: 4 kms/ 2.25 miles
* Geynizampa: 2850m /9350m
* Distance: 5 km/ 3miles
* Time: 4.5 hrs.
* Gibze Kebze: 3710m/ 3710m
* Distance: 10km / 6.2 miles
* Time: 4-5 hrs.
* Pagalabtsa la: 4170m/13675ft
* Lanatamba: 4280m/1404ft
* Rest Day to acclimatize and take day hikes
* Distance:10 km / 6 miles
* Time: 4-5 hrs.
* Labjong la : 4400m/14430m
* Pana: 4030m/ 13230ft
* Distance: 9km /5.5Miles
* Time: 5 hrs.
* Tale La: 4185m/ 13,725ft
* Taklekha Gompa: 3110m/10200ft
* Meet your transport
* Transfer to Thimphu, capital of Bhutan 2400m/7855ft
* Drive take about 2 hours
* On arrival check in hotel and nice hot shower
* Leisure time to walk through the main street of Thimphu.
* Visit following places of cultural interest:
* National Memorial Chorten (Stupa)
* Kuensel Phodrang (Buddha Statue)
* Institute of Arts & Crafts
* Simply Bhutan Museum
* Takin Enclosure
* Tashi Cho Dzong- (Fortress of Glorious Religion)
* Leisurely 3 hours drive Punakha
* Dochula pass, 3050m / 10,000ft, spectacular view of Himalayas
* Descend to Lobesa
* Chimi Lakhang (Temple of fertility- Drukpa Kunley, Divine Madman)
* Visit Lobesa Village
* Visit Punakha Dzong “Palace of Great Happiness”
* Hike to Khamsum Yulley Namgyal Chorten
* White water rafting
* Depart to Paro, 4-5 hours drive
* Dochula pass, 3050m
* Descend to Thimphu
* Visit Simtokha Dzong, the oldest Dzong in the country
* Drive to Paro, less than 2 hours
* Drive to Paro
* Transfer to Paro Airport for your onward Flight destination.
For travel during high season