This 3- 4 day trek takes place in Bumthang, one of the most picturesque valleys and the heart land of Buddhism in Bhutan. It is an ideal trek for amateur trekkers as the altitude does not exceeds over 3,450m.
It passes through several villages and sacred monasteries, providing ample opportunity to experience rural life. A local festival could also be included in the trek to spice up your experiences.
* Arrive Paro Airport
* Meet with representative from Bhutan Journeys.
* Transfer to your hotel
* Visit Paro Rimpong Dzong. Archery and Paro town
* Evening at leisure
* Day hike to Taktsang monastery
* Kyichu Lhakhang
* Experience hot stone bath
* Transfer to Punakha, 4-5 hours drive.
* Visit Iron Chain Bridge
* Dochula pass. 10,000ft, 3050m, panoramic views of eastern Himalayas
* Descend to Lobesa, Punakha
* Transfer to Trongsa, drive 5-6 hours
* View Wangdue Dzong
* Encounter beautiful sceneries of rural Bhutan, scattered settlement,
* Pele La pass (3350m 11000ft),
* Jigme Singye Wangchuck National Park,
* Valley of Yak herders
* Chendebji Chorten and impressive forest.
* Several villages and stunning views of Trongsa Dzong.
* Walk to visit Trongsa Dzong, impressive sight
* Ta Dzong, houses the most fascinating museum of the Nations.
* Depart to Bumthang over Yongtong la pass( 3400m)
* Descend to Chumey Valley and
* Visit Weaving Center,( woolen clothes)
* Drive to about 30 minutes to Jakar
* Distance: 14 km / 8.7 Miles
* Time: 4-5 hours
* NgaLhakhang: 2,800m/ 9184ft
* Distance: 12 Km/ 7.4 Miles
* Time: 6-7 hrs.
* Phepela La: 3556m/11,693ft
* Takhung: 2920m/9578ft
* Experience local living at farmhouse
Overnight: Farm House
* Distance: 11-14.5 km/ 7-9 Miles
* Time: 6-7 hrs.
* Ugyen Choling: 2805m/ 9200ft
* Depart to Phobjikha Wangdue via Trongsa, drive 6-7 hours
* Enjoying beautiful landscape, villages and pristine vegetarian.
* Drive over Pelela pass and lawala pass.
* Descend to Phobjikha Valley, winter habitat for black necked cranes
* Eco natural trail hike
* Visit Gangtey Monastery
* Depart to Thimphu via Punakha
* Participate to visit following place of cultural interest.
* Visit National Memorial Chorten
* Kuensel Phodrang (Buddha Statue)
* Takin Enclosure
* 2 hours drive to Paro.
* Transfer to Paro international Airport